Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Ensure proper training of new employees according to written training plans and clinic policies and procedures.
- Supports ongoing training and growth of current employees.
- Manages clinic appointment schedule and oversees scheduling to ensure proper number of patients are booked daily.
- Oversee, monitor, verify, submit/track inventory to ensure adequate stocks of supplies are available. Oversee purchasing and shipments, delegate responsibilities as assigned for backup support and accountability.
- Coordinates staff schedules.
- Coordinate patient care and appointment scheduling needs for other animal welfare organizations.
- Collaborates with medical director and program operations manager to establish and implement protocols related to community cat care beyond Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
- Assists with implementation of subsidies and grants related to financial assistance programs for pets.
- Responds to client concerns in a professional manner.
- Collaborates with medical director to ensure staff are properly recording patient information in practice management system.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other individuals, companies, and organizations as they relate to FACE and its efforts.
- Manages a large team of customer service and veterinary support staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in management meetings.
- Assists with reporting of service delivery and clinic impact.
- Assists with the development and implementation of protocols.
- Assists with strengthening relationships with key donors.
- Responds to staff concerns and provides coaching.
- Works cooperatively with all team members.
- Report to work on time, and ready to work.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone.
- Supervise maintenance and proper storage of supplies and office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior management experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Working experience with Microsoft office suite and CRM software
- Prior clinic skills preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Energetic team player with a passion for FACE’s mission.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost-saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Regularly required to stand.
- Noise level is moderate to very loud.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35-40 lbs. unassisted.
- Comfortable working around sick, injured, or unruly animals.
This position will require regular evening and weekend hours.
How to Apply