The Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association is seeking a full-time, Chief Veterinarian to join our lifesaving team and lead KCHA in providing high quality care in a progressive animal welfare environment.
Our goal is to find a DVM who believes in our mission - to end unwarranted euthanasia in the state of West Virginia. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for the under-dog and a commitment to providing the best possible care to pets in our shelter and the community.
KCHA is an established, small-animal shelter with a goal of growing our abilities. We are proud of the advancements we have made to provide quality care for pets in need, including:
- digital radiograph machine
- in-house laboratory work
- dental machine
- well-trained, dedicated, supportive staff as well as a positive, supportive work culture
- a budget that understands growth to accommodate the needs of the animals
The Chief Veterinarian on our team, will have the opportunity to treat animals in a variety of different ways in a high-paced and exciting environment.
- Cases include lacerations, skin infections, dental disease, to more traumatic cases such as hit by cars and foreign body obstruction.
- Provide high quality medical care to shelter animals
- Surgical needs of animals including spay/neuter, leg amputations, eye enucleations, etc.
- Health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of various medical conditions
In Addition to the traditional duties of a veterinarian, the Chief Veterinarian:
- Implements medical protocols and standard operation procedures
- Oversees the medical work of veterinarians and supporting veterinary staff
- Processes cruelty cases and presents cases in court
- Competitive salary
- $100,000 Bonus with 5-year employment agreement
- $5000 relocation package
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Insurance – health, dental, vision, life
- Family-friendly work culture
- Qualifying federal employer for loan forgiveness program