Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage the delivery of animal behavior programs at multiple locations.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, including statistical analysis, report creation, and presentation, and implement improvements.
- Consult with staff and managers to develop procedures and protocols for the treatment, care, and evaluation of animals.
- Recruit, hire, develop, train, coach, and counsel volunteer and staff members.
- Collaborate with and serve as a resource for other animal welfare agencies.
- Develop departmental objectives and plans and assist in the development of HSPPR initiatives and programs.
- Develop SOPs and ensure they are updated, followed, and communicated with staff and volunteers.
- Develop and monitor budget
- Participate in inter-departmental meetings and discussions to support and develop HSPPR initiatives.
- Consult with Directors and Shelter Managers to discuss and review more significant behavior cases, develop plans and create options if available
- Work with Volunteer Department staff on behavior enrichment programming.
- Assists with post-adoption behavior related inquiries as required
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of HSPPR.
- Appropriately documents observed animal behaviors utilizing objective language as required in relevant procedures and/or policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Behavior and Placement Coordinator and assigned Animal Care Specialists. This position is also responsible for performance management and scheduling of volunteers within the Behavior Department.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://jobs.hsppr.org/jobs