Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital at the Richmond SPCA Associate Veterinarian Full-time / Exempt / Salaried with Benefits
Primary responsibilities include:
· Performance of spay/neuter surgeries, dentals, and other routine surgeries
· Delivery of wellness care and annual physical examinations
· Performance and interpretation of routine diagnostic tests, including radiography
· Delivery of care for sick or injured hospital patients as needed
· Development of ongoing treatment plans for acutely and chronically ill patients
· Clear communication and the ability to educate a varied client base
· Examination and treatment of shelter animals as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Desired traits for team members include:
· Integrity and a dedication to the hospital’s mission
· The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume hospital
· Flexibility and the ability to effectively multi-task
· Compassion for both patients and clients
· Efficiency in the areas of both surgery and treatment
· A positive and team-oriented attitude
· Able to effectively communicate with members of the public as well as teammates
· Proficiency in orthopedic surgery not required but welcomed
· Emergency experience a plus
Job Relationships: This position reports to the Hospital Director for all operational matters, in collaboration with the Medical Director as related to the provision of medical care. This individual is expected to work cohesively and respectfully with team members from a variety of departments to deliver exceptional patient care and client service and to further promote the mission of the hospital.
Benefits: The Richmond SPCA offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. Most importantly, this position offers veterinarians the opportunity to utilize their earned skillset to help every patient in need, never having to turn away a pet due to a guardian’s inability to pay.
Applicants must hold a degree in veterinary medicine and possess a current State of Virginia license to practice veterinary medicine. Individuals with prior experience in a shelter or fast-paced hospital are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Modified curbside protocols are in place. Staff and unvaccinated clients are required to wear masks indoors at this time.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the employment section of our website at www.richmondspca.org.