- Lead and direct the Population management function to ensure the highest level of care is delivered to the League’s sheltered animals.
- Develop, train, and schedule Population Management team and function to ensure the most efficient movement of animals in the League’s care.
- Coordinate with shelter departments daily to increase efficiency in flow of animals through the shelter, between shelters and from the community, and to meet the needs of external partners to maximize use of League resources including space and personnel.
- Oversee successfully onboarding of new transfer partnerships and support existing transfer partnerships.
- Adhere to all League safety, training, and handling and transportation protocols to ensure that the Shelter environment is safe for animals, the public, volunteers, and other employees.
- Participate in inter-departmental meetings and discussions to support and develop League initiatives.
- Design, develop, and implement department standards, work processes, systems, and procedures for accomplishing work. Monitor and evaluate program and process effectiveness, including statistical analysis and report creation, and implement improvements.
- Inform and monitor the departmental budgets. Manage utilization of department resources.
- Manage daily operations by providing leadership and development to the staff.
- Manage and ensure the proper utilization and integration of department volunteers.
- Perform euthanasia and related tasks.
- Perform shelter opening and closing duties as needed.
- Work with and handle animals of varying species, sizes, and temperaments daily in a caring, safe, and respectful manner.
Travel: This position requires up to 5% travel in state and may require travel to different work sites. This position requires driving a company vehicle.
Full Time Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision, flexible spending accounts, League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, 401(k).
Compensation: $50,000 - $62,000 annually (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
We have compassion and care about our employees, our volunteers, and the community. In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community members, all Dumb Friends League employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved medical or religious exemption. New employees will be required to provide proof to their status upon hire or have an approved medical or religious exemption. For questions, reach out to a member of the Human Resources team.
Required Position Qualifications
- Ability to utilize effective problem solving/decision making skills. Able to demonstrate exceptional discretion, judgment, impartiality, and confidentiality when dealing with personnel issues, financial issues, and proprietary information.
- Able to demonstrate high degree of independence, initiative, and organization.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and exercise sound judgment during all interactions with the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Able to set goals, prioritize, delegate work, and provide feedback to others to complete multiple tasks on or before deadline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Willing to learn new tasks and able to become proficient in a short period.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of related work including experience leading the work of others and progressively complex project or program leadership responsibilities.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
- Professional experience in an animal welfare organization/animal shelter
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Experience leading and managing volunteers
- General knowledge of animal sheltering software, Chameleon preferred.
How to Apply
For more information about this exciting opportunity or to apply, please click this link!