The ASPCA Right Horse’s shared goal is to massively increase adoptions so that all equines in need of support will be able to receive help. This grant opportunity is aimed at helping to realize this goal by supporting programs and processes that increase adoptions, focus on owner relinquishment intake, and/or help keep owned horses in their homes (through safety net programming).
Grants will generally range from $10,000 - $150,000. Up to $500,000 is available for this grant opportunity.
ASPCA Right Horse Adoption Partners, Industry Partners, and active Warm-Up Ring participants (defined as groups who are actively working to achieve the 13 criteria for Partnership and are participating on myrighthorse.org).
Applicants must meet ASPCA Grantee Organizational Standards including:
- If a past ASPCA grant recipient, must be current on all reporting requirements
- If a nonprofit organization
- Must be an incorporated or organized legal entity in good standing with the Secretary of State in the state where the organization is incorporated or organized
- Must have a board of at least 4 members with a majority of independent members with neither board chair nor treasurer receiving compensation from the organization
- Charitable registration must be current/active in the state of the Grantee’s primary location (for grants >=$25,000)
The ASPCA® was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment by humans. Acting effectively on that belief requires a commitment to fostering a collaborative and compassionate culture and to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage diverse candidates to apply for our grant opportunities in the interest of working together to improve the lives of animals in need.