The application period for the COVID-19 Relief Initiative is now closed. You can learn more about the grant below.
Grants will range generally from $25,000 - $50,000 and should not exceed 5% of an organization’s annual budget.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an established 501(c)(3) or governmental entity located within the United States and territories
- If a past ASPCA grant recipient must be current on all reporting requirements
- If a 501(c)(3) organization:
- Must be an incorporated or organized legal entity in good standing with the Secretary of State in the state where the organization is incorporated or organized
- Must have a board of at least 4 members with a majority of independent members with neither board chair nor treasurer receiving compensation from the organization
This grant opportunity is available to all organizations meeting the above criteria, including organizations that applied to and/or were funded by the ASPCA’s COVID-19 Emergency Relief grant initiative in the spring of 2020.
Qualifying Fund Uses
Funding may be requested for general operating expenses to mitigate crisis-related reductions in revenue (from programs, fundraising, or other sources) or for program expenses or capacity support such as the following:
- Food distribution
- Access to veterinary care
- Eviction support
- Adoption and foster capacity
- Capacity-building for fundraising, board development, etc.
Applicants will be evaluated on our assessment of the need for the services being provided by the organization, the effectiveness of the organization’s plans to respond to the crisis, and its ability to deliver quality animal welfare services.
- The application opens Monday, October 5th at 9:00 a.m. ET and closes Monday, October 12th at 2:00 p.m. ET
- Candidates will be notified via email no later than Monday, November 9th if their organizations have been selected to complete formal applications in our grant management system
Please direct all questions to email@example.com