Showcase your research to the shelter community
Deadline for submission: 5 p.m. ET Sunday, August 1, 2021
The fully virtual Applied Research Forum (formerly The National Council Research Symposium) will be held in the afternoon (ET) of Wednesday, November 3, 2021, two weeks before The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement 2021 Fall Conference. The Forum will be free for all participants.
The Forum’s purpose is to provide a platform for researchers to disseminate shelter-related research straight to shelter leadership and to inspire shelter leaders to apply cutting-edge research insights within their organizations and communities to increase impact for animals.
The Forum, moderated and hosted by the ASPCA®, will explore the results of new research studies relating to community and shelter animal welfare. Examples of potential topics include:
- Reducing euthanasia of adoptable dogs and cats
- Interventions for treatable behavior challenges
- Making veterinary care accessible
- Reducing community cat populations
- Equine welfare
- Preventing and responding to animal cruelty
Abstracts will be selected based on:
- Clarity and completeness of submission
- Quality and scope of research
- Research results that are recent and novel
- Research findings that have implications for shelter policy and practice suitable for discussion at The Association’s Fall Conference in New Orleans (November 17-19, 2021)
Presenters should be prepared to showcase their research and discuss its practical implications.
No honoraria will be provided. International speakers who can present in English, are willing to speak at this time of day, and where the topics are applicable to US systems are welcome to submit an abstract.