Looking for a simple way to enrich cats and repurpose items around the shelter? Look no further than the 5-gallon buckets in your storage closet—they make great hiding spots for felines.
Follow these easy steps and your kitties will be cozy in no time.
- Plastic 5-gallon bucket
- 2 1 ½” bolts and 2 nuts
- Drill and drill bit (slightly larger than bolts)
- 4 large washers (for the bolts)
- Remove handle from the bucket if it has one.
- Drill two holes in the bottom of the bucket.
- Place the bucket on the inside of the cat’s kennel where you would like to secure it. Make sure the bottom of the bucket is pressed up against the kennel.
- Put a washer over one of the holes and insert bolt into the hole.
- Repeat step #4 with the other hole.
- From outside of the kennel, secure one washer and a nut on the back side of each of the bolts.