In 2018, equine organizations adopted out more than 1,000 horses during the two-month Help a Horse contest period, proving they have what it takes to find more homes for horses. That’s why we’ve renamed and reimagined the contest for 2019—because we know that together we can save even more lives.
Our new name is Help a Horse Home: The ASPCA Equine Adoption Challenge and we’ll be awarding even more prize money!
Who Can Participate?
Any U.S.-based 501(c)(3) organization or governmental agency capable of receiving grant funds and fulfilling an animal welfare or protection mission that adopts out horses or other equines is eligible for the contest.
When Is the Help a Horse Home Adoption Challenge?
It launches on Help a Horse Day, Friday, April 26 and runs through Sunday, June 30, 2019.
By being part of the Challenge you’ll receive benefits that include:
- A national platform for your horses and organization from which to spread your message and engage your community around adoption
- An opportunity for professional development through exclusive contestant content
- Membership in the Help a Horse Home community, where you’ll collaborate with groups across the country
- An occasion to take organizational steps that will make your organization desirable to other grantors
- A chance to win grants
What’s Different This Year
- Winners are determined based on increases in adoption numbers over the same time period the previous year—your baseline number will be how many horses you adopted out between April 26, 2018 and June 30, 2018
- There are four divisions and multiple ways to win, including a grand prize and prizes for best social media
- You will not be required to make a video, track donations or create a campaign—though those things may help you adopt out more horses
How to Get Ready
- Register for the Help a Horse Home Adoption Challenge Kickoff webinar on January 23 from 3-4 p.m. ET and find out details on how to win
- Read the Help a Horse Home Adoption Challenge FAQs
- Get your legal house in order to ensure you’re eligible to receive grant funds
- Join our private Facebook group
- Email us with any questions at HelpAHorseHome@aspca.org