When animal shelters use Meet Your Match® Feline-ality™, both shelters and adopters have great things to say about the cat adoption experience.
What Shelters Have Learned about Feline-ality
Shelters implementing the Meet Your Match Feline-ality Adoption Program report that the program enhances their work across the board:
- The Feline-ality Assessment enables staff to appropriately "showcase" individual cats to their best advantage.
- Staff also use the results to provide a better shelter experience for their cats: providing toys for playful cats, opportunities to socialize for cats who love human attention, etc. Cats who are comfortable in the shelter environment can "put their best paw forward" with potential adopters.
- First-time cat adopters are delighted to learn that cats do have distinctive identities. Color-coded cage cards "narrow the field" for adopters choosing among a shelter's many cats.
What Adopters Say
Shelters follow up with adopters to see how they and their cat are doing. Some typical responses:
- "This was the first time I have ever gotten a cat that matched my personality."
- "I wanted a friendly and affectionate cat that liked to cuddle, and she is all that and so much more. I just adore her."
- "The program helped me decide who was right for me. … [My cat] behaves exactly as they said she would."
- "I liked that there was a process that matched your personality to the animal's personality. Got just the cat we were wanting."
- And from an "orange" family who adopted a "purple" cat, "He is not a perfect fit for our family … the kids fell in love with a purple cat … But we love him and will make it work."