Related Tools & Tips:
Transport Best Practices: A 7-Part Webinar Series
At its most basic level, transporting animals is based on supply and demand. However, there is much to consider if you want a transport program that will benefit animals, communities, adopters, and source and destination organizations.
The Society of Animal Welfare Administrators (SAWA) released a comprehensive best-practice document in June, 2016, that outlined optimum ways to design and manage a transport program. The framers of these transport guidelines, members of SAWA’s Best Practices & Emerging Trends Committee, present an in-depth, seven-part webinar series that will show you how to conduct transports.
Watch the Webinar Recording
- Introduction to Transport Best Practices
- Is Transport Right for Your Agency and Community?
- Building Relationships in Transport Programs
- Ensuring a Bon Voyage for Transported Animals
- Animal Transport: Vaccinations, Funding & Goals
- How to Transport Cats
- Q & A: Transport Best Practices
Each webinar was approved by CAWA for one hour of CE, for a total of seven hours.
- Download the SAWA Companion Animal Transport document, templates and tools.
- SAWA Companion Animal Transport Best Practices
- Exhibit B Transport Census Spreadsheet
- Exhibit C Funding Transport Cost Estimation
- Transport Checklist
- Transfer Intake Form (HSBV)
- SAWA Peer Packs: Connect with your animal welfare professionals interested in transport issues
- United States Department of Agriculture: Photo courtesy of SAWA