Scholarships and Sponsorships
Scholarships/Stipends to Attend Conferences
- Scholarship programs, scholarships, and travel stipends for organizations to send their staff to attend animal welfare conferences or other training directly related to animal welfare, animal cruelty or equine welfare
- Please note that the ASPCA generally does not fund scholarship requests for professional development training that has no direct impact on animals, e.g. board relations/development and volunteer management
- Please note that scholarships/stipends are made ONLY to organizations.
We do not fund individuals.
If you are seeking a scholarship or stipend to send staff to a conference or training for animal welfare or spay/neuter, use this application:
- Application for Scholarships/Travel Stipends (By Solicitation Only)
If you are seeking a scholarship or stipend to send staff to a conference, training, or other event that is directly related to animal cruelty, or provides education and/or training on animal cruelty or animal law enforcement, use this application:
If you are seeking a scholarship or stipend to send staff to a conference, training, or other event that is directly related to equine welfare, use this application:
If you are seeking a sponsorship for your conference or event, use this application:
- Application for Animal Welfare Sponsorships (Not related to animal cruelty) (By Solicitation Only)
If you are seeking a sponsorship for a conference, training, or other event directly related to animal cruelty, use this application:
If you are seeking a sponsorship for a conference, training, or other event directly related to equine welfare, use this application:
- Sponsorships are for regional and state animal welfare conferences or other events for training and education of animal welfare professionals. This may include grants to defray the cost of speakers or conference space.
- Sponsorships for fundraising or other events, including board or staff development (only if solicited by the ASPCA – unsolicited requests will be declined).
- Please limit your request to no more than $5,000 or 10% of your annual budget, whichever is lower. Do not exceed the cost of the project budget. Please do not include more than one project request in an application.
- Lower priority may be given to organizations that have received a grant in the previous 6 months.
- Your request will not be considered if you choose the incorrect application.
- Please refer to the ASPCA's general requirements for a list of documentation you should submit with your grant application.
- Grantees who receive funding for a scholarship/travel stipend shall keep the best interest of its organization and the ASPCA in mind when making travel and lodging arrangements, and shall endeavor to keep the cost of such arrangements reasonable.
- Please adhere to the ASPCA's food policy if any grant funds are used to purchase food: grantee agrees to limit the use of ASPCA funds to purchase vegetarian, vegan, fish or welfare-certified meat products only. "Welfare-certified meat products" shall mean products that are from farms, obtained either directly or through another supplier (restaurant, retailer, etc.), that are certified by at least one of the following certification programs: (a) Animal Welfare Approved; (b) Certified Humane; and/or (c) Global Animal Partnership, Steps 2 and above. For more information about welfare-certified products or where to locate welfare-certified products, please visit Finding Higher-Welfare Products on ASPCA.org.
Employees, volunteers or other associates of a Grantee whose food expenses are reimbursed or otherwise paid from ASPCA grant funds, including, but not limited to beneficiaries of travel stipends and scholarships, are strongly encouraged to choose higher-welfare meat products, fish, vegan or vegetarian food.