The makers of Fresh Step® litter understand that fee-waived adoption campaigns save cat lives by increasing adoptions and decreasing cats' length of stay in shelters. Fresh Step has partnered with the ASPCA to encourage shelters to try fee-waived adoption promotions during Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month this June.
How the Partnership Works
US Shelters who conduct a fee-waived adoption campaign in June 2011, for Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month, may receive national media attention courtesy of Fresh Step and the ASPCA, as well as receive valuable coupons for hundreds of dollars worth of Fresh Step kitty litter.
What Agencies Need to Do
- Plan a fee-waived cat adoption campaign for June (anything from a one-day "sale" promotion to a month-long effort – it's your choice).
- Spread the word about your feline promotion. NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE! Register your event by May 19 to get your campaign national coverage. Download the form here. After May 19, you can still participate and be listed on the ASPCA calendar of events.
- The ASPCA will promote submitted fee-waived events via its Facebook and Twitter pages, in emails to its 1.8 million members, and post a map on aspca.org (which receives 1.47 million visitors every month) listing fee-waived events across the country – including yours.
- Fresh Step's popular Facebook page will list all the participating shelters.
- July 11-19, submit information about your event using these two forms: Recap Form and Media Tracker (this xls. file contains example language as a reference). The first 50 shelters to submit qualifying fee-waived events will receive 50 $10-coupons for Free Fresh Step litter, valued at $500.