Saving Lives Through Successful Dog Licensing
Effective Pet Licensing Enforcement
The City of Fremont, California Animal Services has dramatically increased compliance by issuing automatic citations to those who do not purchase licenses for their dogs or cats.
The goal of the program is compliance, not more income from citation fees. However, the program results in both.
Fremont Animal Services
What It Takes
- Laws allowing the delivery of citations by mail.
- Participation of local veterinarians.
- Software to support the program and track results.
- Volunteer(s) or staff member(s) to administer the program.
What We LikeAfter a program like this is set up, the monthly
cost of operations can be as low as $250, while resulting in
significantly increased licensing law compliance as well as license
fees and fines income.
Step by Step
- Download the complete profile (.pdf)
- Assess for yourself whether this program is right for your agency.
- Use the profile to create and implement a plan for your agency.
- Tell us how it goes.