As usual, shelter friends, we are in awe of just how darn good you are at maximizing a holiday’s potential for promotion. Mom was the word on Facebook this past weekend as we saw a rich variety of Mother’s Day posts – you celebrated animal mamas, foster mamas, pet mamas and people mamas! Here’s a sampling of some of the clever twists you took on Mother’s Day:
- St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center recognized Mother’s Day with this sweet pic celebrating their foster moms. “Whether opening their homes to give a mother cat a place away from the bustle of the shelter to raise her babies or taking on the extraordinary task of bottle feeding newborn orphans, we salute their lifesaving help,” posted the NJ agency. (And P.S. they also included info for folks interested in joining their foster team – smart!)
- Free cats, discounted dogs, a clever angle, slammin’ signage – Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region did everything right to engage their fans on Mother’s Day. “Pets need moms, too. That’s why we’re offering FREE cat adoptions and $20 off dog adoptions!” the CO agency told their community.
- Celebratory collage, pet moms edition: We love this joyful graphic that Rockwall Pets shared with their Facebook fans.
- Love the way Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society wove the Mother’s Day theme into this shareable graphic featuring a pet available for adoption at the NM agency. Looks like Snick’s pretty clever, huh?!
- Salt Lake County Animal Services asked fans for pictures of mom or grandma with their fur babies. Don’t know about you, but we’d say they hit the jackpot with this response from daughter Holly:
“My mother, Jean Powers-Mullen, fostered dogs and cats for rescue organizations in Salt Lake County my whole life. At age 85 she still donates what she can to many animal rescue organizations. Here she is with 9-year-old Missy, her Yorkie.”
- In this gorgeous tribute to resident mama cat Marigold, Animal Rescue League of Boston was smart to add a spay/neuter message: “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you moms out there from the ARL! Marigold is spending her Mother’s Day taking care of her kittens like a good mama! Please spay & neuter your lil’ nuggets!!!”
- In honor of Mother’s Day, Louisville Metro Animal Services‘ Staff Pick of the Day was Chloe, a 3-year-old pug mix who played mom to two foster kittens during feeding and bathing time!
- We’ll close with this happy message from Animal Rescue League of Iowa – brought to you by a few of their adopted alum – which invited everyone to get in on the Mother’s Day action: “Whether your kids are two-legged or four-legged, happy Mother’s Day from all of us at the ARL!”
How did you celebrate Mother’s Day at your agency? Got a Father’s Day promo in the works that we can share? Let us know about it in the comment box!
P.S. We have a webinar coming up on May 22 with lots of examples of creative, fun and successful adoption promotions presented by Bonney Brown. Get it on your calendar here: Marketing to Dramatically Increase and Sustain Adoptions.
Marketing to Dramatically Increase and Sustain Adoptions
Little Black Book of Adoption Promotions