Take Five Friday: Where To Stick Your Signs, Accounting Software and…The Kittens Are Coming! The Kittens Are Coming!
- Planning a video that highlights one of your life-saving programs? Take a cue from Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region and focus on one animal’s story. (3 in this case, but you get the idea.) Worth the view: Comments from Dudley’s young owner, Sam.
- Slammin’ social media tip: Has your agency recently passed a milestone or won an award? Make like Humane Society of Boulder Valley and say it loudly and proudly on your Timeline photo…
…or like Greater Androscoggin Humane Society and post your milestone as a Facebook status. Last week they let fans know they completed their 1,400th adoption for 2012. And photos don’t hurt either… That magic number includes Bristol, this sweet senior lady who went home earlier in the week:
- Your advice needed, sheltering peeps: Last week a colleague in the field was looking for accounting software for nonprofits for Mac, and we asked our ASPCApro Facebook fans to pool their collective wisdom.
Any others to add? Leave your response in the comment box, por favor.
P.S. If you ever have a question like that on any sheltering topic, post it on our Facebook Timeline or send a private message, and we can repost it for you.
- Fahgeddabout the red coats…The Kittens Are Coming!
Loving this reduced-fee adoptions campaign from Seattle Humane Society. Smart move: the info on their website about the promotion includes links to a pre-adoption questionnaire and hours and directions to their facility so folks can plan the “fastest route to cute.” (I bow down to whomever wrote that–good one!)
- Just got back from Vegas, where HSUS put on yet another incredible Animal Care Expo. We’ll be sharing some of the cool stuff we learned there on Shelters’ Edge and our Facebook page over the next couple weeks, but here’s a teaser tip from the Pets for Life session on “Providing Services to those Greatest In Need and Overcoming Barriers:” Not-so-no-brainer places to post flyers about your services: Faith-based venues, public transportation stops, laundromats, convenience stores, check-cashing businesses, telephone poles…
What are your adds to that list?