Take Five Friday: Free Dogs, Free Massages and Shelter Staff Auctioned Off on eBay
- Great adoptions signage = priceless… Love these 2 promos from Kansas Humane Society and the Animal Rescue League of Iowa:
This campaign spin also got a thumbs-up from Animal Impact‘s Caryn Ginsberg, who says, “Nice example of using price as an additional benefit to adoption. Also reinforces that animals will be healthy because of the exam and other care. That addresses a potential barrier to adoption–animals perceived as having health problems.”
How would posters like these resonate with potential adopters at your agency?
- We know that many of you have run free cat promotions, but what about fee-waived dog adoptions? Humane Society of South Mississippi just tried it–all large dogs, including Titan, shown here, were fee-waived with a donation (minimum $5) throughout the weekend.
How’d it go? Says HSSM’s Krystyna Szczechowski, “We did 52 dog adoptions during this promotion (which also included small dogs for half-off their adoption fee), and about HALF were large dogs! It was great!”
- OK, and how many of you have auctioned yourself off on eBay?!
As part of her organization’s Valentine’s Weekend celebration and adopt-a-thon, the San Francisco SPCA’s Laura Gretch has put herself up for bid, with proceeds benefiting SFSPCA. The winner of the auction will get to choose the artwork for Laura’s next tattoo. At the time of this writing, bidding was up to 172.50–wowsa! For your innovation, your marketing genius and your willingness to do anything to save animals (and with a joyful smile, no less!), I bow down to you, lady! Please update us when you can!
- Groovin’ on all the Facebook love that you guys had for the Super Bowl this past weekend–lotsa promos and photos from agencies all across the country. And although I’m sorry they blew their winning streak, my favorite animal prognosticators have to be the felines at the Cat Adoption Team, who’ve made predictions about who will win for the past 4 years:
- How do you help staff and volunteers spell RELIEF? Check out how they do it at Pet Helpers: Volunteer and professional massage therapist Pam Olivier offers free massages to volunteers and staff at the Charleston, SC, adoption center and spay/neuter clinic (and an ASPCA Partnership agency, woo-hoo!)… Ahhhhhh! What an awesome use of volunteers’ special skills!!
P.S. Speaking of the ASPCA Partnership–just a reminder that the application period to become an ASPCA Partner community closes next Friday, February 17. Got questions on the program? Email JoinAP@aspca.org.