Take Five Friday: Offsite Adoptions, What Volunteers Are Worth Per Hour and No New Car Smell
- Lots to shout out about this week, like the milestone recently set by the San Francisco SPCA… They just had their biggest Holiday Windows campaign yet, during which animals available for adoption were featured in Macy’s windows from November 18 through January 2. Final count this year: 332 adoptions and nearly $80K raised.“Huge thanks to everyone who adopted, volunteered and pressed their nose against those magical windows this holiday season,” SFSPCA recently posted on their Facebook page. Have you ever given the animals at your agency the window treatment?
- No matter how ya slice it…this video from Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center starring Pecan Pie sure is sweet! (And P.S., great casting!)
- Outta site! The concert T-shirt lover in me is totally digging The Louisiana SPCA‘s new poster promoting offsite adoptions:Also playing in that line-up: Cleveland APL’s annual Cats on Tour campaign, timed to coincide with summer concert/kitten season.
- Give it up for SpokAnimal C.A.R.E‘s volunteers and foster parents, who logged in an amazing 34,151 hours for 2011! And Jacksonville, OR’s Sanctuary One told us on Facebook, “It’s right around 10,000 hours for us in 2011. We’re pretty happy with that given we’re 30 miles from anywhere and no public transport, which rules a lot of people out.”Way cool—especially when you consider the latest estimated dollar value of volunteer time of $21.36 per hour.
Have you tallied your agency’s 2011 volunteer hours?
- And since we’re talkin’ volunteers, check out this gorgeous vid that a student from Towson University’s Electronic Media & Film Department produced for Baltimore Humane Society…
Is there a local school you could team up with? (And P.S. Did you notice BHS’ website address at the end of the video? That has to be one of THE best URLs for an animal sheltering agency. It’s like a vanity license plate, but all for good. And no weird new car smell!)