Take Five Friday: Black Cats, Pregnant Teen Cats and Pupsicles
I know, I know, you guys were too busy creating videos and posting your agency’s programs and promotions on Facebook to actually have any spare time to troll social media channels this week. Never fear, Take Five Friday’s here—with the latest buzz from the animal sheltering world.
- I spent part of last weekend Facebookin’ with NOAH Spay/Neuter and Adoption Center, watching the updates on the Stanwood, WA, agency’s “100 Today Or Else We Stay” promotion (yup, the idea was that staff wouldn’t go home until 100 animals were adopted). Check out their page and crib notes on how to engage fans during a big adoptions event; here’s just one of the videos they created especially for Facebook:
- What do you guys think of this image that ASPCA Partnership agency Humane Net has been using to promote free spay/neuter services to North Charleston’s residents? I love…
- Did you catch the videos chronicling the work of the ASPCA $100K Challenge contestants earlier this week? Here’s another sweet one from Austin Pets Alive:
- Who celebrated Black Cat Appreciation Day on Wednesday, August 17? I saw a bunch of promotions on Facebook from agencies around the country, including ASPCA partner The Cat Network:
- For this week’s Wordless Wednesday, we asked how you’ve helped animals stay cool at your agency this summer. “At Spokane Humane Society, we’ve been making pupsicles,” explains SHS’ Jenna Bell. “Basically freezing dog food in big blocks of ice and giving them out as a treat.”
Thanks, Jenna—we love hearing about the cool stuff going on in the ASPCA Partnership agencies…and shelters, take note—this is just the sort of fun video that supporters like to see, as it not only shows off an available dog, but gives the public a peek into all that you do for the animals in your care. And thanks to JJ, of course, for demonstrating the efficacy of this idea. Slurp!