Take Five Friday
Happy Take Five Fourth, everybody. Today’s post is all about red, white and YOU—and what your agencies are doing in celebration/preparation of the upcoming holiday.
- In my Facebook travels this week, I’ve seen quite a few status updates like this one from the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire:
Does your agency also see an increase in your intake of lost pets around this time of year?
- Also loving this timely article on the Prescott Daily Courier written by the Yavapai Humane Society‘s Ed Boks. The Arizona agency is offering reduced-fee microchips today—”to help make sure lost pets rescued by YHS this July 4 are returned to their owners as quickly as possible.” Nice news hook, YHS!
- One of my favorite holiday-themed adoptions promotions, courtesy of Cleveland Animal Protective League:
“When in the course of feline events, it becomes necessary to seek new accommodations…” Oooh! Can’t get much better than that, in terms of writerly delights. The artwork is from one of 2 short promotions—Feline Independence Day (adoption fee=$17.76) and Kitty Kristmas in July ($25)—that the APL ran in July 2009, resulting in a hefty 38.4% increase in adoptions over July 2008.
Here’s what they’re doing this year:
- Past 4th of July promos from Houston Humane Society:
- What Oregon’s Cat Adoption Team has on tap now today through Sunday…$4 for specially marked cats:
- And the cats and ice cream are free over at the Nevada Humane Society tomorrow through Monday!
Yowza, that’s more than the allotted 5 for Take 5 Friday, isn’t it? In the spirit of Independence Day, think of today’s post as the land of the free (or almost free) cats… and the home of the mathematically brave. Happy Fourth, all—and let me know how the weekend is shaping up at YOUR agency.