To control and manage cat and dog populations that threaten native species in the environmentally sensitive Galapagos Islands, Animal Balance works with local authorities to develop and implement 100% humane programs, including high-volume spay/neuter clinics.
You’ll have to prove a million times over that you’re there for the right reason.
What it Takes
- An understanding of the political and cultural issues driving the treatment of the animals.
- Knowledge of spay/neuter programs.
- A willingness to spend a great deal of time gaining the trust of local residents and officials.
- Trained volunteers willing to travel to the site.
- The ability to raise funds.
What We Like
ability of one person to assemble the resources and talent and create a
paradigm shift in the treatment of dogs and cats within a different
cultural and physical environment.
- Proof that Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) can work in an environmentally sensitive area.
Step by Step
- Download the complete profile (.pdf)
- Assess for yourself whether this program is right for your agency.
- Use the profile to create and implement your plan.
- Tell us how it goes.